Students can join classes by:
- Teacher Invitation
- Google Classroom import, then teacher invitation
- Class Passcode that has been given to them by their teacher
Additionally, for Teachers who belong to a School or District plan students can use;
- Direct Account Creation Link
Students can join more than one Storybird Class by entering class codes for those classes, but those classes must be within the same School or District plan.
Here are the ways students can be added to your class;
1) You can give your Class Passcode to students who have a Storybird account
- students enter this passcode on their 'class' tab while signed in
- you can find your class passcode at the top of any tab when the class is selected (press 'show' to see your code)
- you can change or reset the class passcode by pressing the double arrow button beside the class passcode
- feel free to have responsible students create their own Storybird account and then join your class using this method
2) You can invite students via email
- while a class is selected, click on the 'roster' tab and select the 'add account' button
- enter a student email address (for more than one address, press return to add the current email and then enter another) and then click on 'send invite'
3) You can import your class from Google Classroom
- while a class is selected, click on the 'roster' tab and select the 'Google Classroom' link. This will import your classroom data so you can send class invitations to your students. For more info on Google Classroom import please click here
4) Direct Account Creation Link
- Teachers with School or District plans have access to a link that can sign up students without requiring an email address. For more details on the process please click here
Please keep in mind that all student accounts require an email address (for ages 12 and under a parental email is required). An activation email will be sent to the address supplied, and once it's responded to the student account will become active.