We designed Storybird to be safe and friendly.
1. We pre-moderate all public stories and comments. It may look like everything operates in real-time, but our mods are on top of everything before anyone sees it.
2. We are not a virtual world. There’s no way for kids to have a real-time conversation with strangers since there is no chat engine built into Storybird.
3. Storybird does not ask for, or display revealing information: interests, locations, phone numbers, etc. We do need to confirm a member's age, but this is not shared publicly.
4. We encrypt passwords in our database rather than leaving them in plain text. This means your data is safe in the unlikely event that we're hacked.
5. Stories and comments can be made in private and shared only among people you choose. If you want, you can have a completely anonymous experience.